Friday 1 April 2011

Moviestorm Session 13 + 14 + 15

In session 13 + 14 I started working on the title cards. First I went into photoshop and I opened a new project with the width 1280 pixels and the height 720 pixels and the resolution to 300 dpi. Once a blank picture came up I made a new layer and decided to have the background as black. I then I used the font that I downloaded and chosen in session 12 and created a new layer for the words "Midnight" "Hour" I wanted to make the font look more bold and 3D so I went into google and searched how to make 3D text. I came across this website which helped me step by step to creating my 3D text, http://www.depiction.net/tutorials/photoshop/3dtext.php
Once I went through the steps I wanted to stop at step 3 as I like the effect that it gave onto the font. I went through the steps again for the text "Hour".
I wanted to add a image onto the title so I went into google and I searched for "cobwebs" and I then chose a image that I thought would work well in the title.
As the image was not mine I went into photoshop and changed it abit so it would go with my title. Firstly I wanted the image to be white not black as you wouldn't be able to see it in the title card. So I went to Image > Adjustments > Invert. I then wanted to image to be flipped, Image > Rotate Canvas > Flip Canvas Horizontal. I then selected the image and put it into the title card I moved everything around where I thought it should go.
I then clicked on the eye's and just showed the first layer and I went to Save for Web & Devices > PNG 24 > Save.

No comments:

Post a Comment